Thursday, October 29, 2015

It's Always Sunny on Criminal Minds

You know what's like seeing a shooting star on the night of a full moon during a leap year while the olympics are going on? A tv show crossover. 

And I'm not talking about those very special episodes that network television loves to do in order to force people into tuning into shows they normally might not watch just to see a split second of a character from one of the shows they do watch. Look Dr. Ross and Dr. Carter are having a double date with Rachel and Monica! No biggie that ER took place in Chicago and Friends in NYC. Oh, isn't life on tv adorable! 

What I'm talking about is when you're watching one of your favorite tv shows and all of a sudden, you're inside one of your other favorite shows. 

This happened to me last week.

I was watching a Criminal Minds episode on Netflix. One, I feel is only fair to point out, that I've seen a bunch (like every other Criminal Minds episode). I'm not sure what was different about this time. I must've been looking up at the screen at just the right part, paying attention where I otherwise might be dicking around on my computer -- because truthfully I think and write better when I have noise on in the background and CM is one of the shows that I'll just let play while I work. Whatever it was...I watched as the unsub (CM lingo *wink, wink*) rounded the corner, his peacoat wrapped around him and his Clark Kent glasses secure on his head, and I stared on in amazement as he walked right fucking past Paddy's Pub. 

For reals, yo'.

He walked right past the entrance to Paddy's. Now, I know what you're going to ask. No, there was no sign. Come on, dummy. This is Criminal Minds and the team wasn't even supposed to be in Philadelphia. There was no Sweet Dee or Mac, Charlie or Dennis. Frank wasn't drinking wine out of a can and Rickety Cricket wasn't huddled by a dumpster. But fuck, if that killer wasn't about to stab someone right outside of Paddy's Pub! 

I was motherfucking delighted. Granted, I couldn't pay attention to the rest of the scene at all. The next thing I knew the story had moved on to the next plot point while I was busy looking up and down the street for a makeshift shanty town. But it was delicious. Those, probably, two minutes where two of my favorite shows collided was just goddamn lovely. Yes, it took me out of the show I was watching for a few minutes but that was okay. It was glorious and I loved it. 

This just doesn't happen often enough. Maybe if I wish real hard in two months time as I go to blow out my birthday candles, the next season of American Horror Story will take place in Stars Hollow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment